CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

16.1.09

Sourdough Rolls #2



This is the second sourdough bread from my starter, Martha. I began making my wild yeast starter on January 5th and after nine days of agonizing wait (i had the mind to hold a memorial for the little beasties in the jar), it is ready for use. The very first sourdough bread I tried was ciabatta rolls (recipe courtesy of wild yeast blog.) Unfortunately, I was not able to take pictures as I was rushing the little ones to school. The ciabatta rolls made it to the lunch bags with ham and cheese.

These rolls were made by converting the pan de sal recipe to sourdough. Sour de sal? I cannot post the recipe yet as I still have to experiment a bit more. Plus, I still have to get my scale. While I find the use of volume for measuring ingredients easy, most bread recipes utilize the measurement in weight and I'd rather start listing the recipes that way.

The taste is richer and the crumb is just a tad denser.

It takes considerable time to make sourdough bread, but it is definitely worth the time and effort.

0 comments: