CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

16.1.09

Whole Wheat Pan De Sal


Yield 24 rolls

Ingredients: (in grams)
510 whole wheat flour
474 warm water
16 Yeast
54 olive oil
6 Salt
37.5 Sugar
I added the fat, sodium, etc. to get the figures for the Nutrition Facts.
Nutrition Facts: (1 roll per serving)
Calories 100
Total Fat 2.7 g
Saturated Fat .375 g
Cholesterol 0 g
Sodium 98 mg
Potassium 100 mg
Carbohydrates 17.2 g
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
Sugars 1.6 g
Protein 3.1 g

Notes:
The dough is wetter than with APF. I had to increase hydration since WW absorbs more liquid than regular white flour.
The dough rises well and has a nice spring but can definitely benefit from a slow cool rise in the fridge.
I had steam circulate the oven with the use of a pan of water on bottom rack to get the crusty exterior.
Baking time was longer than of white pan de sal.
Has a nice crackling sound when sliced.
I have not acquired a taste for ww products so I can't describe whether I like the bread or not, but the kids said the bread was ok.
This is definitely healthier at 100 calories per roll and carbs can be reduced by cutting down or omitting sugar.

0 comments: